IT Desktop Technician - FT
FT - IT Desktop Technician needed in busy IT department. Benefits Available.
The Desktop Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
This position is Full-Time
with an on-call rotation.
1. Associates degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent degree is preferred, although will consider applicable experience or certification in lieu of degree.
2. 2+ years of workstation support experience in a large-scale production environment preferred.
3. Customer Service Experience a must.
4. Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
5. Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops and peripherals.
6. Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems.
7. Demonstrated experience with workstation support in compliance with government security requirements (HIPPAA)
8.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government rules/regulations. Ability to create, write, analyze, and interpret reports, business correspondence, graphs, spreadsheets, etc. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from internal/external customers and contacts.
9. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where varying degrees of standardization exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions from diverse formats.
10. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the reasonable functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, sit, and use hands to fingers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Sitting for long hours is common. Repetitive action stress includes typing, answering phone, and moving from office to office. Installation activities require diverse body flexibility and dexterity.