Cashier - FT
Full Time Cashier position.
Scope/General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for timely daily cash application of the clients receipts in accordance with GPRMC Billing standards and Reimbursement policy and procedures. Is responsible for seeking resolution to problems relating to timely and efficient cash application while ensuring excellent communication between the Director and Supervisor of the Business Office while ensuring patient satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Demonstrates thorough understanding of the cash application function compliant with Federal and State regulations and GPRMC Billing policy and procedures
- · Ensures daily accurate balancing of deposits received, line item posting of receipts and cash log
- · Ensure daily accurate line item posting of zero payments received from the payors
- · Ensure timely daily resolution of any unidentified receipts ( unable to identify the patient account/line item to accurately post)
- · Daily prepares and maintains the daily cash log balance form for both facility and PBS ensuring all deposits are listed accordingly and balanced.
- · Adhere to month end closing and daily weekly balancing/reporting processes, which will require a change in work schedule during the week and possible weekends
- · Maintains working day to day knowledge of the practice management system Meditech ECW and all credit card systems
- · Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- · Ensures strong communication with Supervisor/Director of Business office and with Accounting Personnel
- · Ensures compliance with Billing Reimbursement Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency
- · Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal regulations
- · Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective healthcare delivery issues
- · Demonstrates the ability to work well with peers while ensuring a strong cohesive team
- · Additional duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years applicable medical billing/reimbursement experience